A (work)day in the life

2min read
This is a "ramble" blog post, it's sort of like a public journal with less structured and more experimental (read: bad) writing. Don't take it too seriously.


I wake up. It’s still dark outside. I sit on the toilet bowl and piss. I get up and walk over to my closet. I pull out some socks, pajama pants or shorts depending on the weather and a polo shirt.

I get dressed.

I walk over to my living room. I take my phone off its wireless charger and check to see if I received any messages in the middle of the night (probably not). I take my water bottle and fill it up with future piss if I need to.


I walk into my office. I log into my PC.

I work.


I get on a conference call with my team. I listen. I speak for a 1min about what I’m working on and I ask for help if I need it.


I eat lunch quickly then get back to work.

I finish work. I walk over to my bedroom, take my polo shirt off and throw it into the dirty laundry basket. I pick out one of my comfy t-shirts and put it on.

I walk to my living room. I hit the switch on my gaming desktop PC to turn it on and I jump onto my couch. I check to see if there’s anyone online who wants to play a game with me (probably Hunt: Showdown. Either way, I play a game for an hour or two.


I make dinner. I eat dinner. I watch TV while I eat (I’m watching It’s Always Sunny in Philidelphia right now).


I work out. I do mostly bodyweight strength training in my tiny home gym three times a week and I do cardio using my virtual reality headset every other day.


I read a book (I’m reading the Odyssey translated by Emily Wilson right now). I take notes diligently as I read to help me absorb as much of the text as possible.


I write and/or code. I haven’t written anything in two weeks… I’ve been spending my time working on making my (this) website a bit more usable. I’ve also made a little cocktail menu with all the cocktails I can make for when I have guests over.


I brush my teeth. I figure out what I want to do with the little time I have left and I do it.


I go to my bedroom. I set my alarm for 6:30am the next morning. I turn on my sound machine to drown out the noise from outside. I sleep.

Follow me with fraidycat, or an RSS reader, to be notified whenever I write something.